Thursday, August 09, 2012

Heart Art - Indie Production 101

Lilith sketch by ... me.
Hard at work on Word of Traitors, as are many of the artists.

Please help support us in getting this material produced. We have a way to go the next 20 days but it can be done if you get active along with us! 


Here's two videos about some of the dioramas I've just started building - which will be integrated digitally with mixed media pieces.


Video 1.



Video 2.

Here I am, babbling more about found art, working with what you have. Again, I had a lot I wanted to say about serendipity but talking to a camera you're holding it awkward. Feel free to ask me directly if you have questions about process, especially if you're an artist yourself.

Here are a few samples of pieces in various stages of undress:

Nyssa from Nyssa #1 /
"Love Notes from a Stranger"
 by Alexey Andreev
Nyssa for "Imaginary Friends," By Lumi
Krampus for "Love Notes to a Stranger",
By Juan Ochoa

Please help support us in getting this material produced. We have a way to go the next 20 days but it can be done if you get active along with us! 

Probably to be used in "5 Miles," Bethany Shorb

"How To Disappear Completely" sketch by me
Time to keep working - building the dioramas, building elements of the physical book that I'll be integrating images with, and getting InDesign set up for the full layout process. I am on the fly testing out a lot of approaches that I want to use for Nyssa as a graphic novel but I figure it's best to take this a step at a time.

Despite learning to "work with what you have" I can't emphasize how important it is to have at least some budget to work with to get this sort of material not only produced but actually in front of eyeballs.

How does Nyssa tie into this? 

Looking ahead, in Fall for a fundraiser to bring Nyssa from illustrated short story to full length comic series, graphic novel -- maybe even some motion. Nyssa appears in two short stories in Words of Traitors, once before she has found her true nature, and once a bit after, as she becomes initiatrix for Dionysus from Fallen Nation. But I think a sequential art dark fairy tale story is well in order.

To be honest, I'd love to adapt that, or rather build separate stand-alone arcs with the same character for film. (Hint, hint...) But. One step at a time...



To be modified for "5 Miles." Photograph by Judith Curcio of me 


[Check out some of the books, albums, and soon movies produced by Mythos Media and our various media partners.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...