Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tools for Transmedia Journalism

By Peter Usagi
Transmedia Storyteller


I've had a few questions about how I put together the research for  posts.  With websites, blog posts, podcasts, videos, social media, and all other kinds of digital flotsam mucking up the internet...it has become increasingly complicated for journalists to keep an up to date notebook for gathering research material.
Here are a pair of tools I use almost everyday to help me keep track of everything:




Storify is a content aggregator that lets you drag digital content from all kinds of places into a private, or public timeline.  You can add titles, notes, videos, images, and links.  Many of my colleagues feel that this will be the future of internet journalism.  While I'm not quite so sure about that, it really does helps me find and organize my content while I'm putting a post together.


Diigo is an online collaborative bookmarker / highlighter / note taker.  While you can keep your notes and research just to yourself; where this web-app really shines is the groups you can join.  I've made a few myself: Modern Mythology, Future Books, and Transmedia Storytelling Tools.

Throughout my series on the Transmedia Revolution, I will be updating my storify "story," and my Diigo groups with new content; so feel free to subscribe to them if you'd like to get a peek behind the curtain, and get a few hints about what's on the horizon for my future posts.

If you find an interesting article on transmedia storytelling, have a question, or would just like to comment: please feel free to do so at the bottom of my storify story, or by adding links and comments to any of my Diigo groups.

Thanks for your interest in transmedia storytelling and modern mythology.  Make sure you check out some of the collected works from this site (like the Immanence of Myth, and Apocalyptic Imaginary).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:07 AM

    these tools are much beneficial for gain more popularity through communities on internet.

    Test Guide
    IT Exams King
    RealExams
    BrainDumps

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...