Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This is what happens when you let the designer write copy.

(Ignoring the fact that I have been a "professional" writer in the past.) As is often the case at work, today I am fueled by caffeine and snarkiness. As we work on a massive overhaul of the TLA website, I have been doing a lot of mockups lately. And by a lot, I mean A LOT.

To keep myself entertained, sometimes instead of using lorem ipsem, I wrote fake copy. Here is a small piece from the mockup today: "What the hell is going on? This copy will explain that. It might also entice you to buy something. Don’t act so surprised. That’s why they call it “ad copy.” Well, the “ad” part anyway. I don’t remember why it’s called “copy” anymore.

It may go on slightly longer than this but hopefully not too much more or else it’ll throw off the balance of everything, and designers will cry pixel tears. And just because they are pixelated (and restricted to 256 web colors) does not mean they are not real. Oh no."

Somehow, I doubt this will make it to the live site.

1 comment:

  1. 256 web colors? Don't you mean 216? Either way, pretty old school.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...