Thursday, December 13, 2007

A year past, a year to come





Looking back, this past year has been a blur. Most of this year, I was so focused on keeping the content flowing on Alterati that many days were immediately translated into articles. (You know- I don't have the memories, but I have the archive.)

Hopefully you enjoyed at least some of those articles. This coming year, my hope is to focus more of my efforts on Mythos Media, and Fallen Nation: Babylon Burning in particular. That may well mean another year of blur, trading another year of life for some books on people's shelves, but looking at all the things I could invest myself in, it seems the most meaningful. That is, supposing people actually read it.

That's always the big question mark, isn't it?

Well, I hope you give the book some of your time this coming year, and in return it gives you some new perspectives and experience. I will say unequivocally that the second edition is the best work of fiction I've created so far in my nearly thirty years on this strange planet.


(Fallen Nation status, by the way: the book has just passed acquisitions with the printer, which means that it will be up on Amazon in three weeks, give or take. If you would like to be added to the list for the email announcing its release, drop me a line at jamescurcioATgmailDOTcom.)


For this coming year, I also really hope to make some new friends, and strengthen the relatively few remaining bonds it seems I have. I'd like to not think that being committed to one's work requires the sacrifice of friendship or love- especially since what I do thrives so much on collaboration (even when collaboration occasionally demands dissent). There's little in life more important in life than friendship, unfortunately there are also fairly few capable of it.

Tonight, kundalini yoga, and acupressure if I can find a way to sneak in the time.



If you want to see some pictures from the year(s) past, my flickr page is finally getting updated... so there's many more pics there if you feel like wasting a couple minutes.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...